3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (1 oz pkg) mild taco seasoning mix
5 1/4 cups chicken stock
2 (10 3/4 oz cans) cream of chicken soup
10 soft-taco size flour tortillas cut into 1-inch pieces
4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
Hot cooked regular long-grain white rice
1. Place the chicken into a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
2. Top with all but 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning.
3. Pour 3 1/2 cups of the stock over the chicken.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Remove the chicken to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken.
6. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
7. Heat the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
8. Stir the remaining taco seasoning, stock and soup in the saucepan.
9. Stir in the chicken.
10. Layer half of the chicken mixture, tortillas, and cheese in a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
11. Repeat the layer.
12. Bake for 30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
13. Serve over the rice.