2 large chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cups of finely shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 pound of uncooked penne pasta (about 2 1/2 cups measured)
1/4 cup to 1/2 a cup of hot water
kosher salt and black pepper
1. Add chicken breasts, heavy cream, chicken broth, olive oil and one teaspoon of salt to slow cooker.
2. Cook on low for about four hours, until chicken has reached 165 degrees.
3. Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside to cool and shred.
4. Stir in 1/4 cup of hot water and penne pasta, cover and cook on high for about 30 minutes. Just until pasta is tender.
5. Once pasta is tender, stir in parmesan cheese, shredded chicken and additional salt and black pepper to taste.
6. Thin sauce with additional hot water, only if needed.