NOTE: This casserole can also be made with full-fat products and ground beef instead of ground chicken.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ½ cup bell peppers, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 8 oz. taco sauce
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup low-fat tortilla chips, whole or broken up
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup salsa
- Heat oven to 400. Spray cooking spray on bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook chicken, onion, peppers, and garlic clove until tender. Add seasoning mix and taco sauce; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese; set aside.
- Place half the broken chips in the bottom of a casserole dish. Add meat mixture to cover the chips, then cover the meat with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining crushed chips.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with ¾ cup salsa if desired.