1 (6-8 lb.) bone-in cooked ham
1 recipe Pomegranate BBQ Glaze, Apricot-Mustard Glaze or Cranberry-Orange Glaze
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Score ham by making shallow diagonal cuts in a diamond pattern at 1-inch intervals.
3. Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan.
4. Insert an oven-going thermometer into center of ham (thermometer should not touch the bone).
5. Cover with foil.
6. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes.
7. Uncover; bake for 20-60 minutes more until thermometer registers 140F.
8. Meanwhile, prepare desired glaze.
9. Brush ham with some of the glaze during the last 20 minutes of baking.
10. Serve with remaining glaze.
Pomegranate BBQ Glaze (for Ham)
½ cup finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBS olive oil
¾ cup bottled chili sauce
½ cup pomegranate juice
¼ cup honey
1 TBS balsamic or white vinegar
½ tsp dry mustard
¼ tsp black pepper
Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan. Add onion and garlic, cook about 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for about 20 minutes.
1 cup apricot preserves
1TBS rice vinegar
1 TBS Chinese-style hot mustard
1 tsp grated fresh ginger or ½ tsp ground ginger
Combine all ingredients in small bowl.
Cranberry-Orange Glaze (for Ham)
1 cup cranberry relish or orange-cranberry marmalade
¼ cup orange juice
1 tsp snipped fresh thyme or sage
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture is thickened to glazing consistency.