1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
1 (6 ounce) package button mushrooms, chopped
2 pounds haddock fillets
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon dried red chile peppers
3 tablespoons butter
1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1 lemon – cut into wedges, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, then add green onions and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Season haddock with salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried chile pepper and place in the baking dish.
4. Top with green onion and mushroom mixture, then dot with butter.
5. Sprinkle parsley on top.
6. Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
7. Remove foil and top haddock with cheese and return baking dish to the oven.
8. Continue baking until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes.