1 lb (454 g) haddock fillets
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
1 tbsp (15 mL) 10% cream
2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
1 lemon, quartered
1 pinch paprika
2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
1. Pat fillets dry; season with salt and pepper.
2. Pour flour into shallow bowl.
3. In separate shallow bowl, whisk egg with cream.
4. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
5. Using tongs, dip fillets into flour, gently shaking off excess; dip into egg mixture, letting excess drip off.
6. Fry until golden and crisp on both sides and fish flakes easily when tested, about 8 minutes.
7. Squeeze lemon over top; sprinkle with paprika then parsley.